Friday, February 6, 2015

Again?

Inspired by my friend's, Sandra Cassibry's, sandraecassibry.blogspot.com
, breaking into new territory by creating 30 paintings in 30 days, I thought maybe I'd give this another gander: blogging.

I won't be making 30 quilts in 30 days, but I can do 30 somethings in 30 days. Though I won't blog each day, I'll post once a week, with that week's whatevers: photos, quilts, poems, reviews, etc.

What you can expect from me and this blog: weekly reviews of movies, photos, quilts, poems, stories, links to others' work.

Here's today's post:

An image from a series I'm working on entitled, "Self Portrait as..." This one's the first, inspired by Paul Klee's self-portraits.



The quilt, currently unfinished, is 16" x 21", and will have a frame around it. It will be bound and quilted also. 

I fused scraps from my bin o' scraps to make the strawberry and the top, then sewed tulle over each of those pieces, and embroidered the yellow seeds. I sewed down a shirt of mine, then appliqued the strawberry down to the background.

What you think? 

1 comment:

Watercolor Woman said...

I think it's awesome! It also makes me very happy to think that I can inspire someone. Thank you my friend. Did you know that my nickname when I was younger was strawberry? It's pretty crazy that the first piece you post has a strawberry head.