Monday, May 9, 2016

Quilts for Sale! Get your fresh quilts for sale!

I'll be having a quilt show come the end of July, and will begin posting quilts which will be for sale there.

If you're interested in buying one of the quilts, please email me at: whynottryitagain (at) hotmail.com with "quilt show" in the subject heading.


"Desert Cactus II," 70" x 70", 2010-2012

original design, paper and machine pieced,
has over 3,000 pieces in it, long-arm quilted
shown in two national and one international shows

$1700




"Atomic Circles," 50" x 50," 2009-2014

original design inspired by Kumiko Sudo's
book about Japanese kamon (family crests)
machine applique and home-machine quilted

$1200





"I Can See Why," 18" x 24", 2015

based on a screenshot of Edward Burns in Confidencefrom a series exploring depictions of masculinity in television and film
machine applique, couching, and home-machine quilted

$250
 





"Self Portrait Applique Challenge," 50" x 50", 2013-2015

original applique designs representing symbols of myself:
star-gazer lilies, luna moth, a lyre, dogwood blossoms, swans, a shield,
sword, and bow, a platypus, and a basket full of fruits with a chickadee
and swath of leaves;
created as part of challenge from Bay Oaks Quilt Guild
hand applique, machine pieced, long-arm quilted

$1500





"Self Portrait as Strawberry, by Moonlight," 24" x 29", 2015

created as part of a series using the self-portrait genre to poke
fun at myself; also uses a shirt I wore frequently
machine applique, home machine quilted

$300





"Self Portrait in Quadrants," 50" x 50", 2012-2014

created as a challenge from Bay Oaks Quilt Guild
I wanted to create not one, but four self portraits and join them
each represents a different aspect of myself:
a contemporary self portrait, my thumbprint,
a childhood portrait, and a verbal portrait
machine and hand applique, machine pieced, chenilled, home machine quilted
shown in two national shows

$2000







"He stared at everything...," 18" x 24", 2015-2016

based on a screenshot from Wild Reeds (a French movie)
from the series about masculinities in television and film
machine applique, couching, home machine quilted

$350





"Brocade Helix," 38" x 80", 2015-2016

I'd wanted to work with revealed seams and brocades
together for a while, so I created this minimalist piece;
you can see my Japanese influences in this work also.
machine pieced, long-arm quilted

$800







"Self Portrait as Sapling, Charred," 17" x 24", 2015-2016

from the series of self-portraits mocking myself, this one uses a child's shirt
purchased from Goodwill; I intended the quilt to make a statement
about how explorers destroyed indigenous cultures in the U.S.

$300







"Over the stillborn calf...," 12 1/2" x 12 1/2", 2008-2014

created as number one in a series of five miniature quilts using Mom's Focus Fabric design
it incorporates a haiku of my own; the reason it took so long to finish is because
I didn't know how I wanted to quilt it until 2014; I ended up creating individual flowers
for each block, quilted on my home sewing machine
machine pieced, machine quilted

$200


No comments: